Thursday, December 23, 2010

Merry Christmas!

Only two more sleeps until Christmas day!  I'm soooo excited.  I will only have to work until 1PM tomorrow, then I'm FREEEEE!!! Okay, I'll contain myself for now.  There is so much going on I'm not sure where to start.

On Tuesday afternoon this week I was sitting at my desk working when I heard a loud "KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK!"  I work from home and it's not unusual to receive a package from time to time but usually I receive a phone call so that I could buzz them in the front door... I figured the knocking was for someone else.  Then I heard it again, so I decided to check it out.  At my door there was a delivery man with a medium pizza box and cookies!  I thought to myself, that's odd, I didn't order anything. 


He gave me the box an away he went.  It was a Cookie Gram!  Now who could this be from?!?  I waited until Jamie got home to open it up and low and behold, it was a Christmas gift from our loving Sister!  What a great surprise and a perfect dessert after dinner. Thank you, thank you L!!! 


The huge chocolate chip cookie is DELICIOUS!  I've been snacking away at it this week : )  The Christmas weight had to start some time ; )  Also, I don't know how the delivery man found our apartment, the building we live in has lots of twists and turns, I'm utterly impressed with his ability to find us.  Kudos to the Cookiegram Delivery Man!  I would definitely order from CookieGram.com the next time I have something to celebrate.

For today's card, I am entering it into my first card challenge at MyPinkStamper.com.  There are already 92 cute cards entered but I figured it would be fun since I needed to make a card anyways.  My Sister asked me to make her a Baby Boy card and the colours on Robyn's challenge were perfect!  All you need to do is use the colours Teal/Blue, Green and Brown.  She made a really cute scrapbook page, check it out here

This is also my first time for using a digital stamp.  I used BugabooStamps.com because her images are super cute and she has an Angel Policy.  Since I have an inkjet I did run into some smearing issues because I used my copics ~ she mentions this in her FAQ's.  She also has freebies which you could download and test our yourself.  All I had to do was be careful when I coloured it in.  I also printed it the night before I coloured it which seems to have helped. 


I really enjoy this card and my Sister loved it.  I couldn't help myself but make one of the ribbons a tag : )


Okay, back to Christmas-Time!  What are some of your Christmas traditions?  Jamie and I have started a tradition for us, and that's to watch all our favourite Christmas movies during the holidays. 

Currently in our collection are:
1. How The Grinch Stole Christmas! (Cartoon)
2. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
3. Home Alone
4. Scrooged
5. A Charlie Brown Christmas
6. Frosty The Snowman

It's always fun to grab some popcorn or make hot chocolate to go with these movies ~ we enjoy it : )

I just read over at MyPinkStamper.com that Robyn and her family each make a personal pizza.  What a fabulous idea!  I think we might need to make that one ours too since Jamie is such a pizza lover.  

Have a very Merry Christmas! 

4 comments:

  1. OMG Cam, the cookie looks so darn good !!! I wish I was with you to nibble on a little corner :o) heheh, you lucky girl.

    Thanks for sharing the Bugaboo stamps website, nice to now.

    Love the list of movies you got going there. I actually wanted to watch the first one on your list with the family, it's a good one.

    Have a very Merry Christmas !!!!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome baby card turned out so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable card! love the layout and all the ribbons and buttons! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jarna and Jodie!
    Ebru, there's only a little piece of cookie left : ) I assure you it was yummy and yes, I'm a lucky one : )

    ReplyDelete