Friday, December 17, 2010

Happy Robots

8 more days until Christmas!  I can't believe how quick the day is approaching, I'm getting excited for the 4 days off of work I get and to see my family.  Of course I'll also be thinking of the rest of my family... some of which will be in Las Vegas!  I will be missing them all this year for the holidays but luckily Jamie and I were able to send some gifts their way : )

To follow up on my previous posts, the surprise gifts I gave my friends were chocolate and candy boxes.  I bought a box of Turtles, Mini Toblerones, Werthers Caramel, Smarties and Jelly Bellys.  I wrapped them up the night before in the same wrapping paper and had each one of them pick one from the bag; it was fun for me to see them open the gifts and they were all happy for them : )

Here are photos I took of the bookmark which I created and inserted into my Sister and Brother-in-law's Christmas Cards I made them.


For today, I'm sharing with you a Robot Birthday card.  I was in Michaels one day looking at their stamps and I asked Jamie... what kind of image would a boy want on their cards?  He told me that robots would be cool and to have one of them holding the gun image.  A fantastic idea, and from that conversation, this is what I came up with : )  I used the robot clear stamp set by Recollections.  I hope you like it!


Thanks for dropping by!

2 comments:

  1. I saw this stamp set at Michaels many many times and each time I contemplate whether to get it or not. But after seeing what you created I think I am going to pick it up :o)
    Lovely card and bookmark by the way Cam. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bookmark in the first card was la piece de resistance, the added touch on an already-wonderful card.

    And what boy doesn't love robots? ;) I'm glad I was able to give the initial idea but you took that idea and ran with it, Cam. I especially like the rocket ship and moon inside the card.

    ReplyDelete