Thursday, November 18, 2010

Get Well Ruby

I attended my first all day crop session this past Saturday in Alymer.  I was really looking forward to the day as I had planned to catch up on some scrapbooking (I have boxes of photos... eeek!).  The night before I was trying hard to pack efficiently but without having my pages done, I had no idea what I needed to bring; so I stuffed my little suitcase til I couldn't fit anymore.

I thought I over packed but when I got there, everyone else had a bigger bag and more supplies then I did!  Krista Taylor was hosting the session and she did a great job.  She is a Creative Memories consultant in St. Thomas (I work with her husband).  She is sweet and she is talented when it comes to scrapbooking; both traditional and digital.  She had provided us with banana bread for breakfast, OJ and Coffee, for lunch we had a DELICIOUS lasagna, caesar salad and for dessert chocolate fudge, rice krispes, date squares, AND PB chocolate cookies!  All the food was homemade and soo yummy.

She gave out door prizes for everyone who attended (because it was a small group of us), bonus gifts for purchasing (I felt like I was stealing products), a beautiful make n' take Christmas Card and a bag of goodies!  There were two Cricuts on site, a Mama and a baby Cricut so I was able to have a title cut out for my layout.  Those electronic die cutting machines are fantastic.

It was a wonderful day and I got to meet some talented ladies.  I'm looking forward to her next crop day in the new year.

Now, to tell you a little bit about the card I'm sharing today, which ofcourse has nothing to do with my Crop day : )  I've been learning how to use my copics and this might be my best colouring I've done so far, at least that's what my husband said.  I've been watching copic tutorials online and trying out different techniques.  It's awesome how many ladies out there are happy to share their skill for people like me to learn.  I'm happy with how Ruby looks, this image reminds me of my Niece, she's so cute.



Card Materials & Tools: The Greeting Farm - Ruby, Stamping Up! - Curvy Verses, Summer Sun Classic Ink, Chocolate Chip Classic Ink, Tempting Turquoise Classic Ink, Espresso Cardstock, Blue cardstock The Paper Company, Textured White Cardstock, Recollections White Cardstock, Brown with blue polka dot DSP from DCWV Blossoms & Butterflies stack, Spellbinders “Large Labels” Nestabilities, Memento Black Ink, Copics, Celebrate it Basic Ribbon (Turquoise), Sheer Creations Ribbon (Turquoise), Fiskers Circle Punch, Scallop Edge Border, Fiskers: Corner Punch, Glossy Accents and Clear Rhinestones.

Thanks for reading!  Have a wonderful weekend : )

No comments:

Post a Comment