Thursday, November 25, 2010

Anya Birthday

One more month til Christmas!  This past weekend I went to my Scrap Club and we made a lovely Christmas layout.  She showed us a ribbon technique that I've never tried before (I don't have a photo for you but I found someone who's posted how-to-instructions) I'll definitely be trying this on my new cards. 

I also went to a Christmas card class at a coworker's house!  Tammy, who runs the Scrap Club also hosted the class; she is one busy woman.  She's a Stampin' Up! demonstrator and my source of SU supplies.  We made 8 beautiful Christmas cards.  I haven't decided if I want to give them away or keep them as templates : )  She had 75% of the work done; papers all cut up to size, ribbon cut and the water colouring images stamped, everything was so well organized.  All we needed to do was some stamping, cutting and putting it together.  I noticed that during her classes she really encourages your own creativity and likes it when you try something different on her designs; it's a great atmosphere to be in and fun!

This weekend I have a special group of girlfriends coming to visit me in Mississauga.  We get to spend some time with my Sister & Niece in the morning, they'll tour my 'new' apartment and we'll shop the afternoon away before they head back to London.  I've known them all for over 15 years (the Wedding Card I blogged about was for one of the four).  I'm looking forward to it, as a surprise I've picked up a little something for each of them.  I love wrapping and giving gifts, it's one of my favourite things to do : )  Now, to find the Christmas wrapping supplies...

Today's card features one of the first images I coloured, it's Anya from The Greeting Farm.  This was before I purchased my first set of copics this past summer; I used Prismacolor markers which I've had for years.  I hope you like it!


Card Materials & Tools: The Greeting Farm - Miss Anya Collection, Stampin' Up! - Curvy Verses, Holiday Blitz, Filigree Designer brads, Melon Mambo Cardstock, and Classic Ink, Recollections cardstock, Prismacolor Markers, Fiskars 2" circle punch, Marvy - 1.5" circle punch, Flower punch, Frosted Lace Stickles, and Small Rhinestones.

Have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment